I had no idea what I was going to do once I got here.. sure I thought I could use my laptop at the airport..but it was very surprising that the airport didn't have wifi. That was okay.. I found out there was a shuttle that tuck people to Wikiki.. and I knew there was some hostels there. When I arrived ahh... man with all my luggage! I walked to the nearist hostel and said I needed a place to stay. The guy had a warm smile and helped me into my room.. which turned out to be more of an apartmet and there was this FUNKY smell and soon after he left I saw my first Hawaiian cockroach ..it was small so guess it wasn't such a shocker.
I began searching craigslist for rooms.. and I e-mailed plenty of people.. and Tom replyed..lol not the maker of myspace.. k kkk but a bio-med professior at UH..and he said I could come check out his room for rent the next day! I planned on going to school to check things out..so I payed for another night at the hostel, and found the city bus to Maona. I was listening the whole ride to these guys speaking pigion. ..its so cool to be in the states and see this kind of language and culture difference. The place was perfect! Huge room! with furniture; a bed, desk and dresser. Best of all I was introduced to Ning Jian my next door roomie, an international student from China~ she quickly told me how she was in a bicycle accident and that explained the huge scrape and bruise on the side of her face. Ning also told me what a great deal it was to live here... and that she really wanted a girl to move in the extra room.
Thats my room, on the bottom. Got my own door and two big windows.. that never close by the way. Most all windows in Hawai'i have these glass shutters that just stay open all the time ^^The next thing on my mind was getting a job and registering for classes. The later was so much easier than I thought..
I'm getting really tired.. I'll write more later.. till then Aloha.
Aloha = love in Hawai'ian <3
No comments:
Post a Comment